Civic Arts Centre and Theatre
The Civic was built in 1894 at a cost of £5,000 to house the Oswaldtwistle Urban District Council. A few years later a hall was added on to the back. In 1974, when Oswaldtwistle became part of the administrative area of Hyndburn, the building was renamed The Civic and ceased to be the Town Hall.
In its time it has also housed the fire service, been a recruitment centre for the Accrington Pals and is now a theatre and cultural venue.