How to get here and things to do
Immanuel Church, an edifice of stone in the Gothic style, consisting of chancel, nave, transept and an embattled western tower with pinnacles, containing 6 bells: the stained east window is a memorial to Mr. & Mrs. Reddish, of Knuzden Hall: there is also a monument to the late Henry Halstead esq. of Stanhill, opened in New Lane, built on land donated by Sir Robert Peel.
The church was constructed in 1836-7 and was enlarged in 1866-7 by the addition of a chancel and transepts, at a cost of £1,683 and in 1887 the interior was reseated with open benches, at a cost of £490: It is a listed building (listed grade II) and is constructed from coursed squared sandstone with a slate roof. The character area also incorporates a large graveyard and a vicarage. The graveyard has been extended since 1893.