Treacle Row/

Oswaldtwistle School


Treacle Row was a row of shops that were demolished in 1907 to make way for the trams. Most of the site is now occupied with Oswaldtwistle School, originally Church and Oswaldtwistle Technical School.

Treacle was one of the staples of people's diets in the late 19th and early 20th centuries and was sold from one of the shops on this row which is how it got its name.